XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Nintendo Wii
1-2 players

SHORT VERSION.

Holy poop on a stick, you can play StarFox/Starwing in it!!!!!!!!!!!

LONG VERSION.

So here I am. 28 and never played a single Warioware/Mario Party game in my entire life. Sad, possibly unbelievable I know, but what you gonna do?

Anyways, after playing (and really enjoying) Rayman: Raving Rabbids, and after all the hype this game has been given I figured I'd give it a go. So after enjoying a meal of home made chicken fajitas and 2 episodes of Malcolm In The Middle, on went the Wii.

First up, the graphics. Good lord, is there any need for this amount of colour and brightness? Well, yes, cos it looks gorgeous. Colour everywhere! The characters themselves look absolutely brilliant and their animations are hilarious.

And the music.... what is this? I'm a die hard, metaller-than-a-lead-encased-lump-of-titanium mosher, and my feet just won't stop tapping! I'm not sure if there's such a thing as ear candy, but if there was, it would apply here. Catchy Jap-Pop, NES remixes, disco, everything!

So lets start the game itself....

Turns out Wario has had his food stolen by some mystic creature, and upon giving chase finds a mystical wand called "The Form Wand". When he moves it, things happen.... and so the fun begins.

The main screen is a map of a town, and once you complete one "story" such as Wario getting the wand, you open up new areas of the town and new stories to complete. Each story is made of a start movie, then a series of mental minigames, an end boss, then a finish movie. Once complete, more areas open up, and the fun continues.

Each minigame looks vastly different to the last, and you'll very rarely play two games in a row that either look alike or use the Wiimote the same way. Because aside from the standard point and shoot games, there's different "forms", which is basically a different way to hold the Wiimote.

"Remote" is the usual method of using the Wiimote, just treat it like a TV remote.
"Janitor" is where you hold it like you're holding a broom, and you move in a sweeping motion.
"Elephant" is where you hold it to your forehead.... no, come back, I'm being serious.... to your forehead and pretend you're an elephant. No, I'm not on drugs.
"The Big Cheese" is where you stand like you're the CEO of a company, with both hands on your hips, and.... why are you looking at me like that? What's the net for? No.... NO.... ARGH!

Once you've beaten a story, you can replay it, but rather than the story ending when you beat the boss, you just carry on until you lose your lives. Every so often you'll face another boss which is just a variation of the original, and may gain an extra life. But believe me, the games get harder and harder, and these lives soon dry up....

So far, the highlight simply has to be the 9 Volt and 18 Volt story. Telling the sad sad story of 2 friends and 1 Game N Watch ("Is that a DS Lite?".... bless 18 Volt's heart....), its games are all based on classic Nintendo games, culminating in a boss battle which is basically the last half of the first level of StarFox (or Starwing if you're in Europe) and rather than the attack carrier as a boss, it's R.O.B. with a NES light zapper!

What we have here is one of the most insane, addictive, cute, energetic games ever released, and with so many different ways to use the Wiimote, it is definately the most innovative game out there. You'd be hard pushed to find anything as fun as this.

Of course, if minigames aren't your bag, then there's still the unlockables. A tin can shooting gallery, a cross between a balancing act and Tetris, a movie theatre to watch all unlocked movies, and many more!

So if you have a Wii and a few quid to spare, I strongly suggest investing in this game. It sure has made me wonder what I've missed out on in the past, but I'm going to be looking into them as soon as I get paid!

Ratings
Graphics: A
Sounds: A
Gameplay: A
Replayability: B

Overall score: A-

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝