It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: This is going to be the most enforced thread...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 pm 
Level: 53 Social Justice Warrior
HP: 1028 / 11426
1028 / 11426
MP: 5455 / 5455
5455 / 5455
EXP: 5578 / 5705
5578 / 5705

Steam ID: joecrow
at no point is the invisible force field thing noted as canon.
just theories.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 pm 
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 287 / 5755
287 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992

XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
Blokeymon wrote:
Ax - thing about Terra is that the little bastard is ALWAYS one step ahead of everyone. :D

Everyone else - best not argue with Ax about comic books, considering dude be a fucking genius when it comes to gay shit like this. Look, check out the Synthetic Kryptonite. It allowed Batman to defeat (and kill) Superman, but before Smokey gets all "ah-ha! Supes got beat by a human!" on us, if you read into it more, you'll see it was all just for show to make people think he was dead.

So he took an arrow that had the one thing that can kill him, and all it did was make him "pretend" he was dead.

Thats fucking badass.

Raiku- let me guess, puberty hit and you grew up? Good lad! Although s'gonna suck when it happens to Smokes and Twilight. :lol:

IM COUNFUSED!!!

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:53 am 
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 12507 / 40346
12507 / 40346
MP: 19263 / 19263
19263 / 19263
EXP: 18622 / 18735
18622 / 18735

XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
Fuck me Smokey, either you can't read or you're selectively reading what you want and ignoring other parts to fit your argument...
Smokey wrote:
I also call shenanigans on the loose clothes business. When he's disguised, his suit doesn't burn off his body. The following bit about extending the field only contradicts that statement.

Quote:
The most common explanations for his invulnerability are Superman having a super-dense molecular structure and/or a supercharged bio electric "aura" which acts as an invisible "force field" around his body within a few millimeters from his skin, and presumably within his body as well. The proximity of this field to his skin means that loose clothes, for example, may be burned off of him, while cloth that is close to his body is protected by the "aura;" This phenomenon is sometimes cited as Superman's reason for wearing a skin-tight bodysuit. It is sometimes implied that he can unconsciously extend this field to an undetermined extent to protect a greater area, allowing him to carry huge objects within the Earth's atmosphere and without gravity or inertia tearing them apart around his human-sized hands.

Quote:
He has entered the Sun and emerged completely unharmed[273], he has even traveled through Krypton's Red Sun and survived physically unharmed, even though Red Solar Radiation depowers and weakens him[274].

Smokey wrote:
I call BS on passing through the red sun unharmed. If the red sun depowers him, how the hell does he survive?

Too scared to Google it? Lots of people seem to have read the comic books that prove otherwise...

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm 
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 287 / 5755
287 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992

XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
super weaving

/thread

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 pm 
12507 / 40346
19263 / 19263
18622 / 18735

Raiku wrote:
super weaving

/thread

He played an excellent Agent Smith, and his V was epic, but I didn't think much of his mouth-like-a-cats-arse-sucking-a-lemon Elrond, but then again, I was used to him being a badass than a pussy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 pm 
Level: 73 Assmunch
HP: 8032 / 32129
8032 / 32129
MP: 15340 / 15340
15340 / 15340
EXP: 14727 / 15112
14727 / 15112

XBL Gamertag: Atomic Deke
PSN ID: Dogfaced_God
Blokeymon wrote:
Fuck me Smokey, either you can't read or you're selectively reading what you want and ignoring other parts to fit your argument...
Smokey wrote:
I also call shenanigans on the loose clothes business. When he's disguised, his suit doesn't burn off his body. The following bit about extending the field only contradicts that statement.

Quote:
The most common explanations for his invulnerability are Superman having a super-dense molecular structure and/or a supercharged bio electric "aura" which acts as an invisible "force field" around his body within a few millimeters from his skin, and presumably within his body as well. The proximity of this field to his skin means that loose clothes, for example, may be burned off of him, while cloth that is close to his body is protected by the "aura;" This phenomenon is sometimes cited as Superman's reason for wearing a skin-tight bodysuit. It is sometimes implied that he can unconsciously extend this field to an undetermined extent to protect a greater area, allowing him to carry huge objects within the Earth's atmosphere and without gravity or inertia tearing them apart around his human-sized hands.

Okay, so how does "he can unconsciously extend this field" not contradict "loose clothes...may be burned off him"? I'm assuming the field is extended based on a need that Superman unconsciously perceives. Well, Superman needs to stay in disguise, right?

Quote:
He has entered the Sun and emerged completely unharmed[273], he has even traveled through Krypton's Red Sun and survived physically unharmed, even though Red Solar Radiation depowers and weakens him[274].

Smokey wrote:
I call BS on passing through the red sun unharmed. If the red sun depowers him, how the hell does he survive?

Too scared to Google it? Lots of people seem to have read the comic books that prove otherwise...

I read through the first three links, one of which was the same Wiki link, one of which was an argument much like this one, except between Superman and Superman Prime, and the last one was a Q&A with writer Kurt Busiek. Here's what I read about the red sun incident:

Quote:
Satyen Gandhi (satyengandhi@hotmail.com) asks:
Kurt, keep up the good work! My question is about the explanation of the way the red sun affects Kryptonians from this issue. Is this the same way the red sun affected Kal-L and Kal-El, when they flew Superboy-Prime through Krypton's red sun in Infinite Crisis? I don't see it as necessarily contradictory, but I wonder at what point while flying through the red sun, and then landing on the planet, the red sun exposure froze their powers? Are there different levels of powers being frozen? Chris Kent got his powers back rather quickly, but he was only exposed to a watch sized amount of red sun. Clark flew through a red sun, and lost his powers for a year. Is it how long and intense the exposure is that affects how quickly the powers are lost? Or is it that living on Earth for basically his whole life meant that Clark has more yellow sunlight in his cells then Chris Kent, which then makes it take longer for his powers to freeze?

Kurt: In Infinite Crisis, they went through Eldirao (Krypton's sun) very fast, so the power-lock hadn't taken effect until they were out and either in Mogo's atmosphere or almost there. And the return of Clark's powers had nothing to do with how much red sun exposure he had, and more to do with the psychological block he postulated in that story. I've co-plotted a Superman story with Roger Stern that'll delve into that a bit more. I don't know when it'll appear, though.

As for the specific stats of how fast and how long red sun exposure affects Kryptonians, that'll have to be explored through future stories.

There's no explanation of how Superman survived flying through a red sun. Unless Superman can suddenly fly faster than the speed of light (which according to the list of powers in the Wiki link, he can't), he shouldn't have been able to escape the affects of solar radiation until he passed through the atmosphere. I mean, it's a fucking SUN. If regular, non-yellow sun-powered Kryptonians were physiologically strong enough to survive being thrown through a sun, then none of them would have died when the planet blew up.

So again, SHENANIGANS.

Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:23 pm 
12507 / 40346
19263 / 19263
18622 / 18735

Smokey wrote:
There's no explanation of how Superman survived flying through a red sun. Unless Superman can suddenly fly faster than the speed of light (which according to the list of powers in the Wiki link, he can't)

I'll have to stop you there, because according to the Wiki link that you're using as your defence, under the section of "Superhuman speed", it states, and I quote:
Quote:
Superhuman Speed: Superman is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. While not nearly as fast as the Flash (Wally West), Superman can move at speeds much faster than light and is one of the fastest beings in the Universe.

Seriously, man. Reading things helps.

Anyways, carry on.
Smokey wrote:
he shouldn't have been able to escape the affects of solar radiation until he passed through the atmosphere. I mean, it's a fucking SUN. If regular, non-yellow sun-powered Kryptonians were physiologically strong enough to survive being thrown through a sun, then none of them would have died when the planet blew up.

So again, SHENANIGANS.

But he CAN fly faster than the speed of light, which is why he managed to do so. According to that article you quoted, the power-lock that the red sun had on him didn't take effect until after he had passed through it.

So again, FLAWLESS VICTORY.

Man, srsly, if I was ever in a military outfit, I'd wanna be fighting alongside Smokey. Cos the fuckers been shot down and blowed the fuck up so many times in this thread, and the bastard STILL won't stop fighting. I'm actually starting to think that this thread should be more "Smokey vs Superman", cos he just won't give it the fuck up! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 pm 
Level: 52
HP: 862 / 10781
862 / 10781
MP: 5147 / 5147
5147 / 5147
EXP: 5127 / 5401
5127 / 5401

XBL Gamertag: Ax8472
PSN ID: Ax8472
Steam ID: Ax8472
3DS code: 2681-1146-3380
Quote:
If regular, non-yellow sun-powered Kryptonians were physiologically strong enough to survive being thrown through a sun, then none of them would have died when the planet blew up.

Just to mention, Kryptonians are able to store the yellow sun's energy for a while. In Infinity Crysis, I believe he hasn't long been from the solar system. So he was still powered.

Loving this thread btw. You two should be fucking diplomats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:13 pm 
Level: 44 Assmunch
HP: 328 / 6573
328 / 6573
MP: 3138 / 3138
3138 / 3138
EXP: 3353 / 3391
3353 / 3391

PSN ID: thedragonheat83
slighty on topic but I'm selling my collection of superman and batman comics so anybody in the u.k wants them pm me and i'll send you the list if the prices are too much i'm sure i can do you a deal

bill goat wrote:
90% of single girls online have a boyfriend, 6% are single for a good reason, 3% are fbi Agents/tweenbait, 1% are what your looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 pm 
8032 / 32129
15340 / 15340
14727 / 15112

Blokeymon wrote:
Smokey wrote:
There's no explanation of how Superman survived flying through a red sun. Unless Superman can suddenly fly faster than the speed of light (which according to the list of powers in the Wiki link, he can't)

I'll have to stop you there, because according to the Wiki link that you're using as your defence, under the section of "Superhuman speed", it states, and I quote:
Quote:
Superhuman Speed: Superman is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. While not nearly as fast as the Flash (Wally West), Superman can move at speeds much faster than light and is one of the fastest beings in the Universe.

Seriously, man. Reading things helps.

Okay, that was my mistake. I only re-checked the bit where it lists the powers, not the explanations of them.

Blokeymon wrote:
Anyways, carry on.
Smokey wrote:
he shouldn't have been able to escape the affects of solar radiation until he passed through the atmosphere. I mean, it's a fucking SUN. If regular, non-yellow sun-powered Kryptonians were physiologically strong enough to survive being thrown through a sun, then none of them would have died when the planet blew up.

So again, SHENANIGANS.

But he CAN fly faster than the speed of light, which is why he managed to do so. According to that article you quoted, the power-lock that the red sun had on him didn't take effect until after he had passed through it.

So again, FLAWLESS VICTORY.

Man, srsly, if I was ever in a military outfit, I'd wanna be fighting alongside Smokey. Cos the fuckers been shot down and blowed the fuck up so many times in this thread, and the bastard STILL won't stop fighting. I'm actually starting to think that this thread should be more "Smokey vs Superman", cos he just won't give it the fuck up! :lol:

I still don't buy the idea that he shouldn't have lost his powers while inside the sun (which was a red giant, and he would have been far away from a yellow sun by that point), even with Superman being able to store yellow sun radiation in his body. But at least the concept makes a little more sense to me now. Until they actually tell us how long Kryptonians can store radiation in their bodies, I guess I'll still be dissatisfied with this scenario.

But Superman has no defense against magic, and since Goku's attacks are based in chi, the body's mystical life-energy, Superman would get fucking leveled by a Spirit Bomb.

WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY NOW, STONES?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:41 pm 
Level: 47 Judge
HP: 557 / 7965
557 / 7965
MP: 3803 / 3803
3803 / 3803
EXP: 4004 / 4062
4004 / 4062

XBL Gamertag: TheTwilightStrm
PSN ID: TheTwilightStorm
Smokey wrote:
But Superman has no defense against magic, and since Goku's attacks are based in chi, the body's mystical life-energy, Superman would get fucking leveled by a Spirit Bomb.

This is true. Any attack that Goku uses that is not physical would fuck Supes up in ways that would make a prison rapist shudder. Spirit Bomb would obliterate him.

An example is in MK VS DCU. Supes is able to be hurt and even killed due to the magic that brought the two universes together. Since, in almost all crossovers, it is some sort of magic that unites the universes, Supes would be fighting on pretty much even ground in terms of his ability to defend against Goku's attacks. While he could still burn Goku's testicles off, Goku could still IT in back of him and punch a hole in his back.

Superman's only strongpoint is that it doesn't take him 5 episodes to reach full power.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:11 pm 
8032 / 32129
15340 / 15340
14727 / 15112

The Twilight Storm wrote:
Smokey wrote:

This is true. Any attack that Goku uses that is not physical would fuck Supes up in ways that would make a prison rapist shudder. Spirit Bomb would obliterate him.

An example is in MK VS DCU. Supes is able to be hurt and even killed due to the magic that brought the two universes together. Since, in almost all crossovers, it is some sort of magic that unites the universes, Supes would be fighting on pretty much even ground in terms of his ability to defend against Goku's attacks. While he could still burn Goku's testicles off, Goku could still IT in back of him and punch a hole in his back.

Superman's only strongpoint is that it doesn't take him 5 episodes to reach full power.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 pm 
Level: 53 Social Justice Warrior
HP: 1028 / 11426
1028 / 11426
MP: 5455 / 5455
5455 / 5455
EXP: 5578 / 5705
5578 / 5705

Steam ID: joecrow
Of coure Supes is able to store yellow sun radiation, otherwise his weakness would be night time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:49 pm 
8032 / 32129
15340 / 15340
14727 / 15112

Joe wrote:
Of coure Supes is able to store yellow sun radiation, otherwise his weakness would be night time.

Well, sure that makes sense, but I'd always figured he just drew on the leftover energy that the Earth absorbed during the day and gave off during the night. I never thought he could just make like a camel and store it in a hump, so to speak.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 pm 
12507 / 40346
19263 / 19263
18622 / 18735

Did no-one get my weaving joke?

You all suck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next