MP: 19263 / 19263
19263 / 19263
EXP: 18622 / 18735
18622 / 18735

XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
True story - Smokey wanted to be next, but never returned my PM, so...

Name: Sean "Pants" Mitchell

How old were you when you got into gaming, and which system did it? Back when I was about 2 years old, my mom & dad would take me to this burger place up in Tahoe. They had a few arcade machines, and Pac-Man happened to be one of them. I used to stand on a chair in front of the stand-up cabinet, and 'play' the intro demo. Then, one day I figured out you had to actually put a quarter in there. That was a sad day for my parents' wallets, and a great day in the life of Sean Mitchell.

If different from above, what was the first system you owned? SEGA Genesis. Family got one for Christmas in '89, and it came with Altered Beast. Loved it. Mom got the Master System add-on, so we could play the Master System Ghostbusters game too. <3

What systems do you currently own? NES, 3 SEGA Genesis, 3 SEGA CD's, SEGA 32x, SEGA Nomad, SEGA Game Gear, Nintendo 64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, White JP SEGA Saturn, SEGA Dreamcast, Limited Edition Pink Hello Kitty JP SEGA Dreamcast, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Nintendo DS FATTY, PSP THREE THOUSAAAAAAAND, 3 XBOXs, Gamecube, XBOX 360, XBOX 360 S, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Wii, and an HTC Arrive (It's a Windows Phone, so it has XBOX Live... it counts).

What is your favorite system, be it current or retro? SEGA Dreamcast without hesitation. I want to make babies with it.

A rough estimate of how many games you own? If you include my XBLA and PSN titles, I'm sittin' at around 500 methinks.

What game are you currently playing? Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk. II (PS3) I'm liking it more than the original so far, and I actually really liked the first one... Blazblue, King of Fighters XIII, and Dance Central 2 (X360) I'm not so good at fightan games, but I love these two especially. Dance Central 2 is a blast, so fuck you guys. Pokemon HeartGold (DS) I'm playing the German edition of the game. It's a really wordy game, so it's good practice. Hatsune Miku Project DIVA 2nd and Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) I'm currently obsessed with Miku, and importing this game is what caused it. Fucking addicted. PSP2 is self explanatory. It's awesome, that's why.

What is your favourite genre, and why? Rhythm games. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Guitaroo Man, Project DIVA, Samba de Amigo, Dance Central, DDR, Beatmania, doesn't matter, I love it.

What is your favourite game series, and why? This one's really tough, but I'm going to say Phantasy Star. I <3 the original 4 to death, and love the recent ones too. I just wish they'd take a swing and make a real Phantasy Star game again. Single Player only. Throw in an amazing story with that universe and I'll be sporting the most giantest boner ever.

What is your all-time favorite game, and why? NiGHTS Into Dreams... probably. My top 10 rotate a lot, but NiGHTS is at number 1 about 99% of the time, so yeah.

Who is your favourite developer, and why? So tough.... of all time? SEGA without question. Right now? Harmonix. I haven't played a Harmonix game I didn't like, and unlike most devs that crank out sequels, every Harmonix sequel is better than the last. They REALLY improve their games, and they work hard to please their fans.

Give us your most under-rated/under-valued game. The Klonoa series, particularly Klonoa 2. Why doesn't that series get the love it deserves?

Any platform exclusive you'd like to see make the leap to multiplatform? Not really, honestly. Since I buy most consoles, exclusives usually don't bother me. How about... any game for the Wii that I liked, but was ruined by the controller (Klonoa, Fragile Dreams, NiGHTS)?

How about your favorite handheld game? OBJECTION!

Any old series you'd like to see revived on current gen platforms? I'd kill for Shenmue to continue, but I'd really like to see a new Ristar game.... I think that game could do something truly special in 3D.

Tell us about your most memorable gaming moment, something you're going to tell your grandkids. Oh wow, hmm. Back in high school my friend and I played a shitton of games together TopSpin Tennis (at one point we were ranked #1 & #2 in the world in doubles on XBOX Live, but that didn't last. We stayed under triple digits though AND we did it without using Pete Sampras like every other doubles team [he had an extra stat point which made him godlike]. Created characters all the way, son), and more Halo than was healthy.

One day at school, I heard these guys who had recently won a school Halo tournament saying how fucking great they were at the game, yet my friend and I didn't play the tourney. So, I called them out to rumble. Their team of 4 against just us 2 in multiple game types on multiple maps. We beat them in a Team Slayer match on Hang 'em High 50-23, which wouldn't be all that special since they had more people for us to kill. The catch? We did it without firing a shot or throwing a grenade. We used melee only, and those 4 were trying their fucking damndest to shoot us. We then went on to beat them in 3 different Capture the Flag games (2 vs. 4 mind you!), where they only ever touched our flag once, and that was because I had followed the guy trying to sneak all the way across Blood Gulch to our flag, and then back to his base before I yelled "Behind you!" and hit him in the back, returning the flag. We were forevermore Halo legends at school, at one point playing a 2 vs. 8 CTF match on Blood Gulch to a 0-0 stalemate after 4 hours. We came closest to scoring though, so I'm counting that as a win.

Deep thoughts now:
Given the many news reports of people committing horrific acts against other people and then blaming videogames, do you feel that videogames are - in any way, shape or form - responsible for these atrocities, or are there other issues at play?
A video game is just as capable at inspiring or affecting someone in the same way a book or a rousing speech can. However, just as with a book or speech or song or whatever, it is NEVER the sole trigger. Responsibility doesn't lie on the games or their content. It lies on the individual person, their friends and family, and possibly even society as a whole.

Have you ever found yourself looking at life or the world around you in a different light after playing a videogame, or has a videogame had any influence on how you live your life? Absolutely. Occasionally a game will get me to think about certain things, like my priorities, or the friends I have. Some games can actually get a pretty big emotional reaction from me, too. Not like, full-on crying or anything like that, but I'd be lying if I said a game has never made me tear up a little.

And finally, tell us a strange but true fact about yourself. As a Starbucks Coffee Master (It's a real thing, look it up) who used to work at one of their roasting plants, I've forgotten more about coffee than most people will ever know. Also, I got to create and roast my own personal blend for myself. Was totally awesome.

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

Post subject: Re: Player interview #13 - HGW XX/7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:50 pm 
Level: 73 Assmunch
HP: 8032 / 32129
8032 / 32129
MP: 15340 / 15340
15340 / 15340
EXP: 14727 / 15112
14727 / 15112

XBL Gamertag: Atomic Deke
PSN ID: Dogfaced_God
This is what it took for me to finally take a look at my messages. :facepalm:

I'll get that thing filled out posthaste. :yes:

Also, fuck yeah Klonoa.

Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 pm 
Level: 46 Alchemist
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
MP: 3570 / 3570
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
WAHOO!

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:29 pm 
Level: 51 Squire
HP: 914 / 10164
914 / 10164
MP: 4853 / 4853
4853 / 4853
EXP: 5025 / 5110
5025 / 5110

XBL Gamertag: HoFKSugaFree
PSN ID: HoFKSugaFree
Steam ID: SugaFree
Wii-U ID: SugaFree3000
3DS code: 4167-4952-3231
Nintendo ID: SugaFree3000
I tried playing that Nights game. Didnt enjoy it.

Smokey wrote:
Godspeed, brave adventurer, and keep your pimp hand strong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 pm 
Level: 46 Alchemist
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
MP: 3570 / 3570
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
SugaFree wrote:
I tried playing that Nights game. Didnt enjoy it.

Saturn one or Wii one (Journey of Dreams)?

Saturn one with the 3D controller is wonderful, and controls great with the analog controller.

Wii one would be pretty good if it controlled half as good as the Saturn one. Wii analog sticks don't work the way the game needs it to,

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』