It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:32 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:28 am 
Offline
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 460 / 5755
460 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 2892
XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
With the release of the Vita and Mass Effect 3 plus the holiday releases, you might miss out on a bunch of other games, so here's a list of games we should be looking out for.

Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2: The first game was great with its social satire about piracy in the game industry. Sadly, I do not reccomend others play, mainly because you couldn't heal and had the computer roll a d20 to decide when you could heal. Thankfully, the sequel eliminates this horrible gameplay mechanic and makes it a very enjoyable JRPG that I hope I can reccomend. Plus it guest stars Kenji Inafume.

Silent Hill HD Collection: I actually debated on whether I should put this on here. Mainly due to the fact that I have a feeling everyone here has probably played Silent Hill 2 and 3. If you haven't or you lost your copy to siblings, theives or dinosaurs definetly pick this one up.

Tales of Graces f/ Tales of the Abyss 3DS: If you need a good example of "vote with your wallet" Nambai and the Tales series are right up there as a example. With a few games bombing(sadly, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom was caught in the chaos) and the response being "This is what happens when you don't localize games people want." Nambai finally caved in and is releasing these games in the States. I've heard Abyss is one of the best of the series and Graces being one of the more fan favorites.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: I. LOVE. MEGATEN!!! Devil Survivor being one game that I highly reccomend for DS owners and it's sequel does not dissapoint according to importers. This one focuses on a website that predicts peoples deaths and you, the hero, are next yet avoid said death.

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir: Fatal Frame for the 3DS. Another horror series you should be playing. It uses the 3DS camera as the Camera Obscura. If you've never played a Fatal frame game or can't afford to get one of the older ones, definetly pick this one up.

Ni no Kuni: Studio Ghibli animates a Level 5 game, the guys who made Professer Layton. It's plotline is about a boy who travels to the titular world to ressurect his dead mom.

The Secret World: A modern day MMO that uses myths and supernatural occurences as its driving point.

Good People Die: The sequel to 999, one of the best games for the DS. If you haven't played it, Aksys just made a reprint and hopefully will localize this one as well.

Krater: Nothing much is known but it looks like Fallout with Borderlands-esque multiplayer.

Code of Princess: A sidescrolling beat em up with a zombie that wears a "LOVE" scarf and a Jester with a guitar that doubles as an actual ax.

Thats all I can think of right now, heres hoping they're all good and then we'll see our bank accounts commiting suicide.

_________________
Image

Image

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline
Level: 32 Assmunch
HP: 110 / 2753
110 / 2753
MP: 1314 / 1314
1314 / 1314
EXP: 1451 / 1495
1451 / 1495
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:34 pm
Posts: 1451
Location: Ely, Cambs. UK
XBL Gamertag: Nubnos
PSN ID: Nubnos
Steam ID: patch_cbl_staff
Raiku wrote:
Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2: The first game was great with its social satire about piracy in the game industry. Sadly, I do not reccomend others play, mainly because you couldn't heal and had the computer roll a d20 to decide when you could heal. Thankfully, the sequel eliminates this horrible gameplay mechanic and makes it a very enjoyable JRPG that I hope I can reccomend. Plus it guest stars Kenji Inafume.

Think you need to play a little tabletop. Rolling for initiative is pretty much bread and butter. Also a good reason for building speed/haste/initiative/etc on your healer.
Rolling for initiative is god-tier. People who complain about it like their games on easy.

Quote:
The Secret World: A modern day MMO that uses myths and supernatural occurences as its driving point.

This. God this. I'm ambivalent about Funcom as a company, but TSW looks something different.

On the other side of things... Diablo3 has a "possible" Q2-12 release, but knowing Blizzard, that'll probably end up as Q4-12.
Also from Blizzard, World of Kung Fu Panda Mists of Pandaren is coming at some point this year, as a possible final expansion for WoW. On their release schedule for expansions, this'll be Q4-12, possibly October. If D3 gets delayed, then WoW will end up with another content patch to tide the players over.

And as if EA weren't going to get enough of my money with an N7 edition of ME3, they've also got Syndicate coming out mid Q2-12. FPS rebake of Syndicate Wars? DO WANT.

_________________
Image

Reviews:
Supreme Commander 2 <-- A sequel with a lot to live up to. Does it command everything, or take orders?
Fight Night Champion (PS3) <-- Nubnos comes back from the canvas, and goes in swinging.
James Bond 007 - Blood Stone (PS3) <-- Do try to return this in one piece, 007...

Upcoming Reviews: <-- Add to the list!
Dragon Age 2 (PS3) <- OMG YU SO ADDICTIVE?! *In Progress!*
Ratchet and Clank 4 (PS3)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 460 / 5755
460 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 2892
XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
Nubnos wrote:
Raiku wrote:
Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2: The first game was great with its social satire about piracy in the game industry. Sadly, I do not reccomend others play, mainly because you couldn't heal and had the computer roll a d20 to decide when you could heal. Thankfully, the sequel eliminates this horrible gameplay mechanic and makes it a very enjoyable JRPG that I hope I can reccomend. Plus it guest stars Kenji Inafume.

Think you need to play a little tabletop. Rolling for initiative is pretty much bread and butter. Also a good reason for building speed/haste/initiative/etc on your healer.
Rolling for initiative is god-tier. People who complain about it like their games on easy.

Quote:
The Secret World: A modern day MMO that uses myths and supernatural occurences as its driving point.

This. God this. I'm ambivalent about Funcom as a company, but TSW looks something different.

On the other side of things... Diablo3 has a "possible" Q2-12 release, but knowing Blizzard, that'll probably end up as Q4-12.
Also from Blizzard, World of Kung Fu Panda Mists of Pandaren is coming at some point this year, as a possible final expansion for WoW. On their release schedule for expansions, this'll be Q4-12, possibly October. If D3 gets delayed, then WoW will end up with another content patch to tide the players over.

And as if EA weren't going to get enough of my money with an N7 edition of ME3, they've also got Syndicate coming out mid Q2-12. FPS rebake of Syndicate Wars? DO WANT.


Taken from TV tropes under its Suprisingly Improved Sequel: You can use healing items without having to adjust a bunch of gauges and cross your fingers... AND you can use healing items and skills outside of battle

You couldn't do that in the first, you had to wait till the computer decided you could heal(which is where the d20 joke comes in.)

_________________
Image

Image

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:39 am 
Offline
Level: 18 Squire
HP: 7 / 711
7 / 711
MP: 339 / 339
339 / 339
EXP: 413 / 417
413 / 417
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:42 am
Posts: 413
Location: Bakersfield, CA
XBL Gamertag: goodface87
PSN ID: goodface87
Steam ID: goodface87
Nobody is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII-2?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:42 am 
Offline
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 460 / 5755
460 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 2892
XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
Everyone knows about it. This article is for the games that won't get the attention that FF13-2 will be getting.

_________________
Image

Image

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 20173 / 40346
20173 / 40346
MP: 15422 / 19263
15422 / 19263
EXP: 18621 / 18735
18621 / 18735
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 18621
Location: Bradford, UK
XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
goodface87 wrote:
Nobody is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII-2?

ME!

_________________
Image

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:35 am 
Offline
Level: 51 Squire
HP: 1422 / 10164
1422 / 10164
MP: 4853 / 4853
4853 / 4853
EXP: 5025 / 5110
5025 / 5110
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:33 am
Posts: 5025
Location: South Gate, CA
XBL Gamertag: HoFKSugaFree
PSN ID: HoFKSugaFree
Steam ID: SugaFree
Wii-U ID: SugaFree3000
3DS code: 4167-4952-3231
Nintendo ID: SugaFree3000
goodface87 wrote:
Nobody is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII-2?


Because it is a garbage game.

_________________
Image

Smokey wrote:
Godspeed, brave adventurer, and keep your pimp hand strong.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:15 am 
Offline
Level: 18 Squire
HP: 7 / 711
7 / 711
MP: 339 / 339
339 / 339
EXP: 413 / 417
413 / 417
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:42 am
Posts: 413
Location: Bakersfield, CA
XBL Gamertag: goodface87
PSN ID: goodface87
Steam ID: goodface87
SugaFree wrote:
goodface87 wrote:
Nobody is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII-2?


Because it is a garbage game.

You've played it?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 20173 / 40346
20173 / 40346
MP: 15422 / 19263
15422 / 19263
EXP: 18621 / 18735
18621 / 18735
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 18621
Location: Bradford, UK
XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
goodface87 wrote:
SugaFree wrote:
goodface87 wrote:
Nobody is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII-2?


Because it is a garbage game.

You've played it?

Take no notice of Suga. He's still hurt over FFXIII (which, to be fair, was pretty piss poor TBH), and refuses to take note of the million and one ways in which Squeenix have improved upon it.

Its like when FFX-2 was superior to FFX.

Don't argue. Its fact.

_________________
Image

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:54 am 
Offline
Level: 18 Squire
HP: 7 / 711
7 / 711
MP: 339 / 339
339 / 339
EXP: 413 / 417
413 / 417
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:42 am
Posts: 413
Location: Bakersfield, CA
XBL Gamertag: goodface87
PSN ID: goodface87
Steam ID: goodface87
Blokeymon wrote:
goodface87 wrote:
SugaFree wrote:

Because it is a garbage game.

You've played it?

Take no notice of Suga. He's still hurt over FFXIII (which, to be fair, was pretty piss poor TBH), and refuses to take note of the million and one ways in which Squeenix have improved upon it.

Its like when FFX-2 was superior to FFX.

Don't argue. Its fact.


So you've played it?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 am 
Offline
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 20173 / 40346
20173 / 40346
MP: 15422 / 19263
15422 / 19263
EXP: 18621 / 18735
18621 / 18735
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 18621
Location: Bradford, UK
XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
I've played the demo to death, as well as watched each and every single video that has been released, not to mention read everything there is to read, aside from spoilers obviously.

So no, I haven't played it, but I know as much as there is to know about it. :D

_________________
Image

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 pm 
Offline
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 460 / 5755
460 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 2892
XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
:hijack:

Who's gonna get any of these games?

_________________
Image

Image

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 20173 / 40346
20173 / 40346
MP: 15422 / 19263
15422 / 19263
EXP: 18621 / 18735
18621 / 18735
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 18621
Location: Bradford, UK
XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
Raiku wrote:
The Secret World: A modern day MMO that uses myths and supernatural occurences as its driving point.

Krater: Nothing much is known but it looks like Fallout with Borderlands-esque multiplayer.

Code of Princess: A sidescrolling beat em up with a zombie that wears a "LOVE" scarf and a Jester with a guitar that doubles as an actual ax.

Interested in these.

_________________
Image

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 460 / 5755
460 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 2892
XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
I want Krater and Code of Princess as well.

_________________
Image

Image

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Games to look out for in 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am 
Offline
Level: 53 Social Justice Warrior
HP: 1713 / 11426
1713 / 11426
MP: 5455 / 5455
5455 / 5455
EXP: 5578 / 5705
5578 / 5705
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Posts: 5578
Steam ID: joecrow
SSX

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group