EXP: 18622 / 18735
18622 / 18735

XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamoto-i ... Y7I2BtVhBc

Thank fuck.

Now they can get someone who can actually make a proper console to compete with the big boys.

A new era for Nintendo, possibly? I hope so.

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

Post subject: Re: Miyamoto no longer in charge of hardware at Nintendo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:05 am 
Level: 52
HP: 862 / 10781
862 / 10781
MP: 5147 / 5147
5147 / 5147
EXP: 5127 / 5401
5127 / 5401

XBL Gamertag: Ax8472
PSN ID: Ax8472
Steam ID: Ax8472
3DS code: 2681-1146-3380
Way I see it, we have two big boy consoles, and we don't need another.

I'm not gonna be one of those spackas that says "best console of this gen is the WiiU", but I certainly understand where they get their passion from.

We had one in the house for ages, and I never touched it. Then I got a copy of Wind Waker and used the console. Ya know what? It really is one of the best consoles I've ever played. There is absolutely everything to brag about, and with games like ZombiU, Splatoon and various other shit, I'm surprised it hasn't sold more than it actually has.

Anyway, so Miyamoto. How is this significant? Well if Nintendo release a console without any quirks then they'll just be like all of the other manufacturers. I think they're on the ball with the screen and what not, it's a fantastic idea and works well as a standard console.

I reckon the problem is third party games. And to combat this, Nintendo need to look at three very particular areas with their hardware, both of which I've mentioned before.

1) Performance. Yeah, not the best, meatiest machine known to man but something that can keep up to x1080 resolution (Or, 1080p to the paupers, which doesn't make much sense in this day and age) and have enough left over for background processes. Power doesn't have to be for graphical fidelity, in fact the WiiU's graphics are lacking in absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. But an increased performance will allow devs to innovate behind the screens, better AI and new more advanced features. Even when the WiiU was released, it was quite a weak console for it's time.

2) Architecture. Lemme explain if you don't understand... PowerPC was used by Wii, 360 and PS3. It was developed by Apple, is very powerful and helps to boost graphics for weaker machines, such as last gen consoles. It takes some developing but the results are decent. The WiiU also uses PowerPC to help with it's weaker hardware. The bone and PS4 use something called x86 which is used by the Windows operating system, this makes it incredibly cheaper and easier for developers to port their games, as they're developed on a PC, likely a Windows based OS. Now, with the WiiU being the only console using powerPC, there's not much incentive to port the games over, it's more costly and probably not worth it for the amount of sales the games will likely get on that console. This is why devs are refusing to make games for the WiiU, even just porting existing games that have releases on other consoles, because it's too costly for not enough sales. And that's the cycle of why fewer people purchase a WiiU.

3), The online architecture. Yep, it's shite. It's overly complicated and inconsistent. The features of today's standards aren't there and I still have very little idea how i'd play a game of Splatoon with my mate from work.

Anyway if whoever is in charge now can pull his fucking finger out and sort the above, they'll likely have a much better chance in the market. But the last thing I want is for the Nintendo consoles be a rebadged Xbone or PS4. I want couch multiplayer games like Mario Party and shit, to play with my mates.

ZombiU could have done with a co-op mode too :D

Post subject: Re: Miyamoto no longer in charge of hardware at Nintendo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:54 pm 
Level: 41 Obama Supporter
HP: 322 / 5376
322 / 5376
MP: 2567 / 2567
2567 / 2567
EXP: 2685 / 2806
2685 / 2806

Nintendo ID: Bokuten
As long as I can get MORE P's out of the next console I'll be happy.

All jokes aside I love the Wii U. Best user experiences I ever had with a console and I am happy with my purchase. I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about NX when Nintendo shows it off next E3.