448 / 7478
MP: 3570 / 3570
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
Nintendawg wrote:
New Vegas (DLC included) -- Say what you want about the bugs, and its low points, I played the hell outta this game.

-brofist-

I will always like New Vegas over Fallout 3. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

Post subject: Re: The best games you ever played
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:20 pm 
Level: 73 Assmunch
HP: 8032 / 32129
8032 / 32129
MP: 15340 / 15340
15340 / 15340
EXP: 14727 / 15112
14727 / 15112

XBL Gamertag: Atomic Deke
PSN ID: Dogfaced_God
HGW XX/7 wrote:
Nintendawg wrote:
New Vegas (DLC included) -- Say what you want about the bugs, and its low points, I played the hell outta this game.

-brofist-

I will always like New Vegas over Fallout 3. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

I don't even compare the two anymore. The last time I seriously considered which one I liked more, I got a nosebleed.

Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 pm 
Level: 46 Squire
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3653 / 3828
3653 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: Sypher_04
PSN ID: Sypher_04
Blokeymon wrote:
FF4
FF9
Fallout 3 GOTY
Burnout Paradise
Mercenaries 2 (multiplayer preferably, right Pie?)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (for the creation mode)
Super Street Fighter IV AE
King Of Fighters XIII
Arcana Heart 3
A Guitar Hero where I could handpick my own 100 songs
MAG (provided I was guaranteed games every time I logged on)

Needs more Legend of Dragoon!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 am 
Level: 4 Squire
HP: 0 / 61
0 / 61
MP: 29 / 29
29 / 29
EXP: 31 / 38
31 / 38

Steam ID: T-A-C
A lot of these are games I replay/reinstall on a regular basis or have even bought multiple times.

Simcity 4 (w/expansion)
Sonic CD
Doom
C&C Red Alert 2
X-COM: UFO Defense/Enemy Unknown
Rollercoaster Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 pm 
Level: 34 Squire
HP: 96 / 3226
96 / 3226
MP: 1540 / 1540
1540 / 1540
EXP: 1630 / 1736
1630 / 1736

XBL Gamertag: KitDreamer
Steam ID: KitDreamer
UFO: Enemy Unknown (XCOM: UFO Defense to you americans) - Do I even need to say why? Turn based strategy at its finest. It's still so far never been beaten (except maybe by XCOM Apocalypse, but personally I still like UFO:EU more). I love its visial styling, iits gameplay and how simple it is. Even though your dudes have no personality or qualities outside their stats, the fact that they have names makes you CARE for the little guys, and make you get pissed off when your favourite one dies.
Gunstar Heroes - If you haven't played this incredible game yet on the Megadrive/Genesis, DO SO. Finest run and gun platformer ever. Better than any Contra game. I am not kidding. Huge explosions, great sound effects, amazing music, frenetic pulse pounding action at almost every second, Treasure's trademark little quirks, great story, great art style... It's just amazing.
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - When I picked this up I was expecting a cutesy platformer. I was blown away by how beautiful the story was, how finely crafted the game was, how the gameplay was the perfect level of challenging and fun, and how much emotion it made me feel. I still cry when I play it to this day.
Klonoa 2: Lunateia's Veil - Take Door to Phantomile. Now make it three times better in EVERY SINGLE AREA. I was blown away by the beauty of this game, and if you can get a copy you should.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Still the finest one of the bunch. Also fuck yeah HYPER SONIC AND HYPER KNUCKLES... Though seriously Tails needs to catch a break. poor kid.
Mass Effect 1 and 2 - Both here because I loved both in the same way, despite their differences. The story and characters entirely drew me in. I played it way longer than I perhaps should have but I wanted to explore EVERY SINGLE STORY AND OPTION AND SIDEQUEST. and I did. That's how much both drew me in. I haven't played ME3 and given the ending I'm not sure I want to.
Bastion - I want Supergiant Games to do more games in this setting. That is all I will say because if you haven't played this yet, you are doing yourself a grave disservice. This game hit the same emotional level as Klonoa 2, the story did as well. It was powerful, heartbreaking, engaging and fascinating. The little details about this ruined world really drew me in and made me want to learn more without leaving me at all unfulfilled. The ending was perfect. Everything about it is a masterpiece and you need to give them more money so go do it.
Minecraft - Come on, really? You expected this not to be on here? :) Do I even need to say why?
Portal 1 and 2 - Both here as one because really, they are one story. Great humour, great puzzles, great story, great atmosphere. SO MUCH FUN. :D
Cave Story - Not Nicalis' Cave Story+. Fuck Nicalis. Goddamn ripoff merchants. No, I mean the original Cave Story. I wish Pixel had never signed up with Nicalis. :( Not because I don't want him making money... In fact I'm glad for that respect that Cave Story got so much more exposure but Nicalis are a horribly unprofessional bunch of dicks. The whole debacle with La Mulana was horribly handled, they don't even actually add anything WORTH the price tag to the games they rerelease, and they demanded that no fan ports of the original FREE Cave Story were worked on any more, so no DS version of Cave Story now :( ... Still, you can still grab the original free version, and it's worth all the time and effort you will put into this game. It's challenging, its story is great, its characters are great, its world is fascinating (are you seeing a pattern here). All around it's amazing, but if you want to give Pixel money, do it direct to him; do not give Nicalis money.
Final Fantasy 7 - Look, before you go all 'HGNGNGNGG SO MUCH BETTER FF GAMES' or 'ALL FF GAMES ARE SHIT' or we get into a discussion about how bloody awful FF8 is and how the good old days were better and all that awful drama, I put seven here because it really is the finest FF game I've ever played, for me. Despite its Blind Idiot Translation and its slightly shonky graphics, when you start reading between the lines you find that the characters all have a lot of depth, they all grow, the storyline is really good and it's fun to play. Despite the problems all JRPGs have (HOEP U ENJOI GRINDAN LOLOLOL), I still find it fun and like to come back to it. Plus it's the first FF I played, and so far the only one I ever managed to finish. I got close with a lot of others but could never keep myself interested long enough. FF6 however is a very close contender... If only because Sabin SUPLEXES A MOTHERFUCKING TRAIN. That's like 600 points to it right there alone.
Worms... Pick one - I've played Worms (with the Reinforcements expansion), and Worms 2 and I have played a couple others as well, and to this day, they are still great games, and a lot of fun, especially with other players. Good, clean, riotous fun. What more do you want?
Killer 7 - I don't even really need to say why do I? It's batfuck insane but I love it regardless.
MGS 1 - 3 - Played and completed all three. Love them all, including 2. Great story and gampelay and a lot of fun. Thoroughly enjoyed them.
Ace Combat 4 - Distant Thunder - Amazing flight sim, beautiful story. Again, it's that emotional connection I make with the story and characters of the game that really draws me in.
COD MW1 - and only number 1. Fuck 2's story. I won't even bother playing 3. :| But I REALLY enjoyed the story of MW1. LOVED it. Pretty good shooter at that too.
Black Ops 1 - I liked this game's story even more than MW1 to be fair. I REALLY enjoyed it.
Megaman Legends - I still lament there not being a 3, and I need to play number 2, but I really enjoyed number 1 and its story. It was a little cheesy at parts, but still wonderful to play.
Road Rash series - Pick one. any one. THEY'RE ALL GREAT.
Thief 2 - Hard as fucking balls, but wonderful regardless. Great atmosphere and the difficulty is pretty harsh, but it's a great game regardless.
Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red and Heart GOld/Soul Silver - Special place in my heart for these games in particular. Love 'em both so very much and I feel absolutely NO SHAME WHATSOEVER.
Streets of Rage series - Love em all. Great action and pretty alright story too. SOR3 suffered from meddling so it doesn't have the amazing fucking story that Bare Knuckle 3 (its Japanese version) has, but it's still pretty good.
StarFox/StarWing - I can't help it, this game is great and I've played it and played it and played it, and I still adore it. I wish StarFox 2 had come out on the SNES. I played the fan-patched beta of it and it's really really great, but it's still buggy as sin. Both StarFox Command and Lylat Wars/Starfox 64 took a lot from Starfox 2 (command took the mission select/tactical screen element, Lylat Wars took large portions of the story).
Paperboy - I don't know what it is but I keep coming back to this game. Either this or Paperboy 2, but regardless it still keeps drawing me back. It's like tetris.
Rampage - The original. Unfairly hard, no ending, but play it two player and OH MY GOD it's like troll-central. HILARITY ENSUES.
Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster (the second one) - Both the Megadrive and SNES incarnations are amazing games with great stories. I love 'em both so very much.
Renegade, River City Ransom, Shin Nekketsu - Kunio Tachi no Banka - Oh god how could I have forgotten these games? I've put all three here because let's be honest RCR itself is fucking amazing. Sure, there's RCRex on the GBA but it's not a patch on the original in terms of the fun that can be had 2 player (because RCRex doesn't HAVE 2 player :( Boooo). Shin Nekketsu - Kunio Tachi no Moonspeak however is a SNES sequelish game to RCR. It doesn't have the shops, it doesn't have the RPG elements. It's just a straight up beatemup with a great story and great graphics. It is however AMAZING in every sense of the word. As for Renegade? It was originally a Nekketsu game in japan! Renegade is almost entirely unchanged except for the 80s street ganger outfit the main character has now, and some changes to name and story, but it's still a great (if ungodly and unfairly hard) game.
Scott Pilgrim - The Game - What's that? Sound and music by Anamanaguchi? Sprites by Paul Robertson? Based on Bryan Lee O'Malley's excellent Scott Pilgrim comics and the Scott Pilgrim VS the World film? That's a triple dose of awesome right there. Add in the fact that gameplay is exactly like if River City Ransom had been made today anHNNNNGhg.... sorry I've just cum.
Resident Evil 2 - Best of the first three. no questions asked. That gameplay was SOLID FUCKING GOLD.
REmake - However it is basically level pegging with this gamecube gem. I seriously cannot decide which of the two is best.
Resi 4 - Shut up; I find the game HILARIOUS. It's not really a Resident Evil game per-se. It has a tiny, tenuous connection to any of the others, but it's still a great game, so much fun to play, and full of 90s ACtion Movie Cheese. It's great fun and I have a laugh EVERY time I play it.

I'm sure there's more but I simply can't think of them right now, but those I think are my absolute favourites I've ever played.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:02 pm 
Level: 46 Alchemist
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
Oh God, Kit. You made me remember the Klonoa games.

I agree 100%, those games are so fucking amazing.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』