It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I am a massive pokemon faggot.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:59 am 
Level: 34 Squire
HP: 96 / 3226
96 / 3226
MP: 1540 / 1540
1540 / 1540
EXP: 1630 / 1736
1630 / 1736

XBL Gamertag: KitDreamer
Steam ID: KitDreamer
So it should come as no surprise that a weird idea popped into my head regarding pokemon, after hearing a comment that they should change the formula of the pokemon games some, change it up a bit.

Someone suggested a precursor to the Gen 1 games. Yes, Red, Blue, and Yellow, where it's set in Kanto but like, 10 years before...

Now I'm sure some of you have heard the theory that Kanto in R/B/Y is actually post war, owing to the lack of schools and recreational facilities, and it's all gyms, hospitals, and stuff, and any adults run these training facilities, or are really old, and there's barely any couples that still remain together, and suchlike... oh and kids are allowed to go do whatever they like.

so I ran with that. Here's the idea.

When you're going around in the prequel to RBY, you see museums, libraries, schools, happy couples, a peaceful free nation, but as the game starts out, you hear vague things about some kind of war, but it's so far away it never bothers you, and you don't even find any pokemon until a little while later.

You come across your first, without a pokeball. It's a curious creature, that you've never seen before, and you become friends with it by saving it from a trapper. It decides to follow you around, and you go on some small adventures but see this strange shadowy organisation making some kind of strange plan.

Due to propaganda that's going around telling people that war isn't going to be coming but people should be aware of spies and terrorists, you think 'holy shit, spies! I can be like all my favourite heroes and stop them!' ... and you and your new friend get hurt badly.

You wake up in a bed of an unfamiliar house, and when you come down you find the village's professor there, with your new pokemon friend, tending to its wounds. Apparently, she's a zoologist, and she's never seen a creature like this, but it seems intelligent and seems to have bonded with you. She tells you what she knows of this kind of creature, and that they're starting to appear all over the world, and that you're very lucky to have met one... That they only seem to bond with humans with a good, kind heart.

She also says that you ran back here despite your injuries, desperate for help, and staggered in the door, refusing treatment until your new friend was helped first, but due to a wound to your head your memory's spotty...

As you go out into the world again trying to find somene to report your findings to, you slowly start to see more and more of the war that is coming, and it's coming faster than the government will recognise... But you realise that the enemy is using pokemon too, and that with their powers, that they are forcing them to use via capture devices, they are causing untold devastation.

You, a kid of 13, are one of the only things to stand in their way with your own pokemon, who has powers beyond theirs because it joined you of its own free will. You free other pokemon from other members of this shadowy faction, and they begin to join you, and you find and help other wild pokemon that have surfaced, all while trying to convince the world that they need to wake up, that they need to defend Kanto.

Through it all you recover some of your memories... that you were draggged along by this force, and you and your pokemon were brainwashed into killing your parents, and several others, and devastating your home town... It was you having to kill your parents that broke you out of it, but the damage had been done...Swearing to get revenge, for yourself, for your pokemon friend, for your entire town and the world, you set out to take down this organisation before others have to suffer like you did, with the Zoologist acting as backup and intel gathering for you, taking you on as a surrogate grandchild to protect and comfort you.

In the climax, you, and a few other people likeminded, go deep into enemy territory to stop a horrific plot to use a pokemon of untold power to lay utter waste to your country, to make it submit under the rule of this organisation, an organisation which seeks to unite the entire world, in peace instead of wars that carry on going on around the world...

But their ideals have been twisted, changed, corrupted... They seek to unite the world by creating a war that will end all wars. a War that will utterly destroy almost everything, so that poeopl are forced to band together under their rule... They are now nothing more than a terrorist organisation playing with people's lives for the greed of global domination, denouncing things like truth and love, for utter unquestioning obedience...

In the end, Kanto is ravaged, as is much of the rest of the world, but it survives, and this organisation disappears, but Pokemon become a daily part of life now, as they help rebuild the world... but disillusioned with how the world has turned out, and how selfish you have seen it be, on both sides, you and your fellow kids who have helped the pokmeon defend humanity disappear too... You seek some higher meaning, you retire with yyour powerful pokemon elsewhere away from thsoe people looking to use them for wars, and to dominate other nations...

But the world will never be the same again... Those capture devices are still around... and now in regular use to catch pokemon for pets... and for fighting...

and somewhere out there... a shadowy force sings its own song...

HERE BE SECRETSTo protect the world from Devastation... To unite all people within our nations...

tl;dr: ITT Your ideas for epic pokemon games.

Post subject: Re: I am a massive pokemon faggot.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:49 pm 
Level: 46 Alchemist
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
MP: 3570 / 3570
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
I like that idea actually, except I always got the impression that Pokemon had always just kind of been there (basically like normal animals IRL).

I think that going with the war idea would be great, but the people of Kanto after suffering heavy losses were the ones to first catch and train Pokemon in order to combat their enemy (seriously, Pokemon do some serious shit), which results in the end of the war.

It then becomes a custom for kids to have their Pokemon journeys and all that in order to remember/respect/preserve the way they won the war.

Team Rocket would be hold-outs of the war enemy who desire to control and harness the power of Kanto's weapon (Pokemon) against it.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:28 pm 
96 / 3226
1540 / 1540
1630 / 1736

See, this is why I shouldn't be allowed to run free with ideas like this. I make vaguely cool sounding stuff that will NEVER be a game. :<
Gamefreak just wouldn't be brave enough to make a story that dark and bleak.

But yeah, regarding the pokemon always being there thing, that's never actually answered or addressed, but given the games, they seem to be the only kind of wildlife out there, but it all seems vaguely intelligent rather than just running on instinct. So I decided to make it that they have started turning up. I suppose the war, or the pokemon themselves, could have been driving out the normal wildlife slowly.

Or heck people were just now finding out about how intelligent they were. I dunno, the idea was half formed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:22 pm 
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
3606 / 3828

They could make a game about Porygon that's solely about giving seizures to asian children.

And traveling through the electronic world.

Like a boss.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:47 pm 
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 287 / 5755
287 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992

XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
HGW XX/7 wrote:
They could make a game about Porygon that's solely about giving seizures to asian children.

Like a boss.

they already have that, its called megaman battle network

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm 
96 / 3226
1540 / 1540
1630 / 1736

Raiku wrote:
HGW XX/7 wrote:

Like a boss.

they already have that, its called megaman battle network

which reminded me about how they cancelled Megaman Universe AND Megaman Legends 3 .
fuck you capcom.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 pm 
Level: 73 Assmunch
HP: 8032 / 32129
8032 / 32129
MP: 15340 / 15340
15340 / 15340
EXP: 14727 / 15112
14727 / 15112

XBL Gamertag: Atomic Deke
PSN ID: Dogfaced_God
You know, a fair bit of this already exists, at least the bit where you have to free Pokemon from the clutches of their evil slavemasters. It's Pokemon Coliseum.

Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:22 pm 
96 / 3226
1540 / 1540
1630 / 1736

Smokey wrote:
You know, a fair bit of this already exists, at least the bit where you have to free Pokemon from the clutches of their evil slavemasters. It's Pokemon Coliseum.

I was thinking something more serious and less... kinda crappy than Colliseum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:53 pm 
Level: 42 Mystic Knight
HP: 230 / 5755
230 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2815 / 2992
2815 / 2992

XBL Gamertag: N1ntendawg
PSN ID: Nintendawg-
Steam ID: Spicy Thai Tom
Wii system code: 6733-2568-8499-3558
3DS code: 3566 1726 0253
Nintendo ID: Nintendawgv2
KitDreamer wrote:
Smokey wrote:

YOU TAKE THAT SHIT BACK, YOU HEATHEN. COLOSSEUM WAS GLORIOUS. :lol:

Seriously though, I really do like this idea.
I guess this is the generally awesome, what-if Pokemon game thread?

Okay, get this: A street gang in Black City (gen 5, fuckers) who roller blade around and spray graffiti (fitting the niche left open by SEGA... FUCK YOU GUYS) around the city. They also go around stealing Pokemon from unrighteous trainers by using the 'snag-arm-thing' from Colosseum. The main guy's got a smeargle that follows him around, but doesn't use a Pokeball.

While on your general travels, you encounter the police, Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/fuckshitballs, White Knight Trainers, and many other adversaries. Eventually you can leave Black City and travel to Unova, or other cities in the PokeUniverse like Saffron. I think limiting the game's environments to cities would make more sense for the setting of it.

While I don't have much in the way of story, I would just like a smooth mash-up of Jet Set Radio and Pokemon. Shit would be nice. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 pm 
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
3606 / 3828

Take Silent Hill.

Set it in Lavender Town.

???

PROFIT

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 am 
96 / 3226
1540 / 1540
1630 / 1736

HGW XX/7 wrote:
Take Silent Hill.

Set it in Lavender Town.

???

PROFIT

OH MY GOD YES

Creepiest motherfucking shit ever

Nintendawg wrote:
KitDreamer wrote:
Smokey wrote:

YOU TAKE THAT SHIT BACK, YOU HEATHEN. COLOSSEUM WAS GLORIOUS. :lol:

Seriously though, I really do like this idea.
I guess this is the generally awesome, what-if Pokemon game thread?

Okay, get this: A street gang in Black City (gen 5, fuckers) who roller blade around and spray graffiti (fitting the niche left open by SEGA... FUCK YOU GUYS) around the city. They also go around stealing Pokemon from unrighteous trainers by using the 'snag-arm-thing' from Colosseum. The main guy's got a smeargle that follows him around, but doesn't use a Pokeball.

While on your general travels, you encounter the police, Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/fuckshitballs, White Knight Trainers, and many other adversaries. Eventually you can leave Black City and travel to Unova, or other cities in the PokeUniverse like Saffron. I think limiting the game's environments to cities would make more sense for the setting of it.

While I don't have much in the way of story, I would just like a smooth mash-up of Jet Set Radio and Pokemon. Shit would be nice. 8-)

also JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO