It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What a way to celebrate the Wii-U's launch!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:23 pm 
Level: 51 Squire
HP: 914 / 10164
914 / 10164
MP: 4853 / 4853
4853 / 4853
EXP: 5025 / 5110
5025 / 5110

XBL Gamertag: HoFKSugaFree
PSN ID: HoFKSugaFree
Steam ID: SugaFree
Wii-U ID: SugaFree3000
3DS code: 4167-4952-3231
Nintendo ID: SugaFree3000
Blokeymon wrote:

Nintendo are NOT rookie players.

In what context though?

They have little experience in internet gaming and NONE in high definition. They are a rookie player in this case; NFL players dabble a bit in football during high school and college, but the big leagues is a totally different experience. You want just straight up video games? Nintendo is arguably KING in that shit. Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Corruption, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Smash Bros Brawl, all good games. But lets face it; ALL these games would have looked fucking amazing in HD but they aren't. Brawl had god awful netcode that rendered it meaningless playing online.

It is other companies with more experience (like Capcom with Monster Hunter 3) that provided a greater online experience. But remember, they all used Capcom networks. It was their interface.

Nintendo doesn't know shit in the online realm, Wii Ware is an example of this. But they are adapting, indie developers even praised Nintendo for their Steam-like approach to the Wii U eShop. Hell, this is already something that Microsoft and Sony failed to do with their "WE NEED TO APPROVE THIS SHIT" approach.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/76721/ ... i-u-indies

Does Nintendo have flaws? A huge amount. But again, so did everyone else.

Smokey wrote:
Godspeed, brave adventurer, and keep your pimp hand strong.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 pm 
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 12507 / 40346
12507 / 40346
MP: 19263 / 19263
19263 / 19263
EXP: 18622 / 18735
18622 / 18735

XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
Didn't Nintendo have online gaming on both the NES and the SNES, the latter being incredibly popular?

And this was 5 years before the DreamCast and the PS2 tried the same thing in the West, with varied results, and 7 years before Xbox Live blew online gaming out of the water with its - lets be honest - fucking incredible online presence.

Then they had chance with the GameCube, as well as the DS (and all its bastard offspring) and then the Wii, and each and every time they simply refused to look at what the others were doing - and doing incredibly well - and in each case, they failed miserably to do online even slightly right - and they're STILL fucking it up.

And thats before the hard drive issues...

I'm not interested in HD graphics and whathaveyou. I want a machine that doesn't promise a whole bunch of half-assed system "features", then actually makes them even worse!

When the PS3 launched, it had a stupid-as-fuck price, a shitty store, and sub-par online. But the online was free, your account could be accessed on any machine, and even the most basic model - IN 2007 - had more hard drive space than the DELUXE Wii-U in 2012.

Not sure about the 360, although I know XBL went tits up over a goddamn Christmas period, and the RROD is an industry punchline now, but the online was boss, and again, you could sign on on other machines, and while hard drives on the 360 is a sore point, they STILL had more space (although the price for an official hard drive is just silly money).

You're right. None of the big three have had perfect launch dates. And none of them have had perfect life cycles since they arrived. But they didn't screw over the customer right out of the goddamn box before the lack in system features added further insult to injury...

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 pm 
Level: 53 Judge
HP: 1028 / 11426
1028 / 11426
MP: 5455 / 5455
5455 / 5455
EXP: 5422 / 5705
5422 / 5705

XBL Gamertag: DeltaEonInferno
PSN ID: DeltaEon
Steam ID: DeltaEon
Why would they release what they consider to be 'next gen' when it's not even on par with the services of the current gen big boys?

lolnintendurr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 am 
Level: 46 Alchemist
HP: 448 / 7478
448 / 7478
MP: 3570 / 3570
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3606 / 3828
3606 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: PantsOfJustice
PSN ID: TalesOfPants
It's not wanting perfection.

It's expecting them to offer, at the bare minimum, something that is at least MILDLY acceptable in terms of online capability. I could probably find a Toaster that has a better online account set-up.

The Wii U's USB storage capabilities were something that was really stoked about. Now I realize those capabilities are worthless, since I won't want to download anything ever. It took something amazing and made it meaningless.

Maybe one day they'll fix that and make it meet the absolute bottom of the barrel painful minimum of decency standards, and I can contemplate even wanting to connect a Wii U to an internet connection.

Also the whole PSN being down was a total travesty, but Sony did some good damage control by giving people free games and shit.

The 360's hardware issues were a complete joke, but the company did some damage control by extending the standard, what, 90 day warranty that everyone offers to 3 years. Generally giving out free months of LIVE as well. Yeah, there's lots of people that are still bitter. They have that right, but my experience with the RROD was more of an annoyance than anything, considering I was beyond the warranty period and still got a replacement at 0 cost to myself.

Should Nintendo do something for damage control on a rocky launch? Nah, I don't expect that of them. Should they do some damage control for those who get fucked over by their backasswards idiotic account system or if they don't get their network shit sorted in a reasonable amount of time? Yes. Would they? I'd be shocked if they did, but they did do that thing for the people that bought a 3DS early and were trolled by Nintendo by the price drop, so there's some hope that they'd think of something worthwhile if their network stays goofy.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 am 
914 / 10164
4853 / 4853
5025 / 5110

Blokeymon wrote:
Didn't Nintendo have online gaming on both the NES and the SNES, the latter being incredibly popular?

And this was 5 years before the DreamCast and the PS2 tried the same thing in the West, with varied results, and 7 years before Xbox Live blew online gaming out of the water with its - lets be honest - fucking incredible online presence.

Then they had chance with the GameCube, as well as the DS (and all its bastard offspring) and then the Wii, and each and every time they simply refused to look at what the others were doing - and doing incredibly well - and in each case, they failed miserably to do online even slightly right - and they're STILL fucking it up.

And thats before the hard drive issues...

I'm not interested in HD graphics and whathaveyou. I want a machine that doesn't promise a whole bunch of half-assed system "features", then actually makes them even worse!

When the PS3 launched, it had a stupid-as-fuck price, a shitty store, and sub-par online. But the online was free, your account could be accessed on any machine, and even the most basic model - IN 2007 - had more hard drive space than the DELUXE Wii-U in 2012.

Not sure about the 360, although I know XBL went tits up over a goddamn Christmas period, and the RROD is an industry punchline now, but the online was boss, and again, you could sign on on other machines, and while hard drives on the 360 is a sore point, they STILL had more space (although the price for an official hard drive is just silly money).

You're right. None of the big three have had perfect launch dates. And none of them have had perfect life cycles since they arrived. But they didn't screw over the customer right out of the goddamn box before the lack in system features added further insult to injury...

1. Those internet capable devices stayed in Japan, it holds no relevance. We are talking about a global market here. And the popularity you mention is nowhere near the actual install base of the SNES itself. Apples and oranges man. Fuck it, might as well bring in the Nintendo 64DD and the modem it had.

2. I'll admit, the Gamecube era not having online capabilities was a misstep. Barely used since Nintendo had no idea what to do with it. The DS had a rough start, but IMO it was a respectable one because it was their first attempt at doing something they hadn't done before on a massive scale. The friend codes sucked and only some games actually had a great online play (I am quite partial to Jump Ultiamte Stars) but still, baby steps. Their archaic way of trying to protect children was their downfall.

3. The PS3 had a bigger hardrive at $599 US dollars. Nintendo opted to include a smaller one in order to offset the cost a bit. Those Wii U pads are not cheap and if I recall, Nintendo IS selling their console at a loss. IMO, I don't give two fucks about the hard drive space since all of my consoles are pretty much full. That I can put any hard drive I want is great.

4. The 360 online was boss because they invested a fuck load of cash into Xbox Live on the original console. That was their biggest cash cow IMO. They didn't sell even a fraction of consoles as what Sony did with the PS2. This is Microsoft we are talking about, them having a bad online infrastructure would be a PR nightmare. If they couldn't do online gaming right, who could? Luckily they did well. At launch, the 360 had a hard drive of only 20gbs, less than the Wii U. Eventually they upgraded (my 360 came with 60gbs) and who is to say that it won't come out with more? 360 launch was fucking lame too. Perfect Dark Zero makes me cry every time I see it.

5. Last but not least, the issue of damage control. Remember, DAY FUCKING ONE. You think there will be any sort of damage control this soon? Of course not. I pretty much know not to buy new tech the minute it comes out because the items of interest will either A) Start bricking like mad 2) Lack of quality software and iii) it just isn't ready yet.

I always keep an open mind to everything. I thought the Vita was going to be fucking awesome yet all I hear is nothing but "HURR NO GAEMS". I pictured the 3DS to be a gimmick, but then games like Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising and Resident Evil (along with the awesome eSHop) changed my view completely.

But whatever, I'm done talking. I am going to play Halo 4.

Smokey wrote:

Last edited by SugaFree on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:38 am 
Level: 52 Time Mage
HP: 970 / 10781
970 / 10781
MP: 5147 / 5147
5147 / 5147
EXP: 5280 / 5401
5280 / 5401

PSN ID: Terrabro
Steam ID: The Voice of Justice
Nintendo ID: Terradude
sugafree is a good poster and i award him two gold stars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm 
914 / 10164
4853 / 4853
5025 / 5110

Terradude wrote:
sugafree is a good poster and i award him two gold stars

Wub you too Terra <3

Smokey wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm 
Level: 46 Squire
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
EXP: 3653 / 3828
3653 / 3828

XBL Gamertag: Sypher_04
PSN ID: Sypher_04
Blokeymon wrote:

Statistically speaking, the odds of a new network service going down on it's first day of implementation would be pretty high. There are a metric fuckton of variables to consider.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm 
Level: 42 Squire
HP: 287 / 5755
287 / 5755
MP: 2747 / 2747
2747 / 2747
EXP: 2892 / 2992
2892 / 2992

XBL Gamertag: RaikuFA
PSN ID: RaikuFA
Steam ID: RaikuFA
Lets chill out everyone.

Nintendawg wrote:
You should be careful, one day you think you're talking to a friendly face, and then bang. Satan is looking you in the eyes... then Satan is a bear... then you are a bear... etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 pm 
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
3606 / 3828

I'm ragging on them hard because it's Nintendo. I'll freely admit that.

But I have a reason.

The best reason.

The only reason.

All Nintendo has to do to get ALL OF THE MONEY is make one game. One game that only has potential to be done right if Nintendo really gets their online shit together and just does the damn thing. One game that would cause me to forget most other games exist.

Pokemon MMO.

If they did that shit right, I would HAPPILY pay a monthly sub for it. I'd go out and buy a Wii U RIGHT NOW with money I don't have. It's something that should have happened by now. JUST FUCKING GIVE THAT TO ME YOU FUCKING ASSFACES!!!!

Or maybe a legit home console Pokemon game. Y'know, like a full one. None of this compliment/spin-off shit. I can't believe that hasn't happened yet. Also, a new Pokemon Snap. That shit was awesome, and it's something that would make some sense with the fucking tablet.

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:54 pm 
Level: 73 Assmunch
HP: 8032 / 32129
8032 / 32129
MP: 15340 / 15340
15340 / 15340
EXP: 14727 / 15112
14727 / 15112

XBL Gamertag: Atomic Deke
PSN ID: Dogfaced_God
HGW XX/7 wrote:
I'm ragging on them hard because it's Nintendo. I'll freely admit that.

But I have a reason.

The best reason.

The only reason.

All Nintendo has to do to get ALL OF THE MONEY is make one game. One game that only has potential to be done right if Nintendo really gets their online shit together and just does the damn thing. One game that would cause me to forget most other games exist.

Pokemon MMO.

If they did that shit right, I would HAPPILY pay a monthly sub for it. I'd go out and buy a Wii U RIGHT NOW with money I don't have. It's something that should have happened by now. JUST FUCKING GIVE THAT TO ME YOU FUCKING ASSFACES!!!!

Or maybe a legit home console Pokemon game. Y'know, like a full one. None of this compliment/spin-off shit. I can't believe that hasn't happened yet. Also, a new Pokemon Snap. That shit was awesome, and it's something that would make some sense with the fucking tablet.

New Pokemon Stadium, or even a Pokemon Coliseum if they can make it not suck.

Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm 
Level: 78 Chump
HP: 12507 / 40346
12507 / 40346
MP: 19263 / 19263
19263 / 19263
EXP: 18622 / 18735
18622 / 18735

XBL Gamertag: Blokeh
PSN ID: Blokeh
Steam ID: Blokeh
Wii system code: 2445-8086-3386-0718
Pokemon.

Strangely enough, this cancer arrived just as Nintendo started getting shit.

Coincidence?

(not trolling, no flame shield, come at me brahs)

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 am 
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
3606 / 3828

No. No Pokemon Stadium. Legit full-on Pokemon.

As for you Blokey:

It's not my fault that you were already a bitter old man, broken and beaten down by life, a former shell of the loving and hopeful child that once was, no longer able to feel the magic that is formed between man and Pokemon.

You, this bitter man telling kids to get off his lawn before stumbling down to the pub to wash away the misery of a life without dreams, there would be a place for you in our MMORPG. You could join gone of the evil organizations and travel the land trolling young trainers who have hope. Teaching them that there really is nothing worth looking forward to, and they had better accept that and move on, get a real job and feel the soul-crushing devastation that is reality.

You do not understand it, and so you fear it. You fear it, so you wish to destroy it.

Or maybe you were more worried about getting laid, while I was more worried about how Prof. Oak knew I was trying to ride my bike indoors some 100 miles away.

<3

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 am 
914 / 10164
4853 / 4853
5025 / 5110

Bitches love Pokemon though.

At least the weaboo bitches, gets the pussy wet every time they here Pikachu talk.

I am peeking at them titties.

Smokey wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:57 am 
448 / 7478
3570 / 3570
3606 / 3828

SugaFree wrote:
Bitches love Pokemon though.

At least the weaboo bitches, gets the pussy wet every time they here Pikachu talk.

I am peeking at them titties.

:mosh:

『絶対逃ガサナイカラ』

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next